Friday, September 11, 2009

Swapmeet Mishaps

So tonight turned into this random whirl of events. I'm typing this on an unfamiliar computer, in a kitchen not my own.
While odd, it was definitely not a bad night. It was interesting. All started with a trip to Target, which did not have Halloween out yet (well, not really), then turned into a trek to the Santa Fe Springs Swapmeet. We got there and walked around and while on the hunt for my favorite sunglasses stand (I wear massively large black round bug eye sunglasses- yes, I'm one of those) we stumbled across a stage with five female musicians on it. It was the Undercover Girl Band and they were awesome. Off the top of my head, I remember them playing "Gimme Some Lovin'," "Jesse's Girl," and "My Sherona."
For $1.50 (the cost to get into the swapmeet on a Friday night), the 4 of us sat enjoying songs we knew and loved by these extremely energetic women. After that we ate pizza in a parking lot, stalked old boyfriend's houses, and started a blog for my cousin, Breanna. (It's http://onabalconyinsummerair.blogspot.com ) Oh and I forgot about the rice krispy treats we completely failed at making! Does anyone ever make these right? I haven't attempted since high school in a trailer park in Anaheim, and I thought in a real kitchen I'd have better luck, but well... they tasted okay even if they looked burnt.
All in all a pretty fun and eventful evening for the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment