Friday, October 30, 2009

21 Minutes and Counting

Well, my decorations have been up for a month, I've eaten and repurchased candy three times, and I'm on my second costume. It's officially Halloween. I don't care if the countdown says 20 minutes to go, I've been ready for this for months.
I actually took pictures of my Halloween decorations this year, and I plan on posting them after the holiday settles down a little. I've been out doing all kinds of Halloweeny events this year, and tomorrow night (aka The Night) is no different. I can't wait and I'm looking forward to having a really good night.
I'm also super excited about Nov. 1 for two reasons: first the clearance sales. I'm completely broke but I've managed to scrounge a little bit together to see if I can find any good deals. I really need a blucky for next year. Secondly it's the start of NaNoWriMo (this is how my friend Jess abbreviated it to me- it seems very complicated).
I've never done it, but I've thought about it. Basically you write a novel in one month. They consider a novel 50,000 words. It is around 1,700 words per day. That is a lot of words for someone like me who usually does around 600 or so on a good day. But you know what? I'm going to try it and see what happens.
I got an idea for a book the other day and I've hardly thought at all about plot, or character development, or any of those things, but I think it's sort of exciting to dive in and have absolutely no clue where I'm heading. Will I succeed? Probably not (pessimistic, I know) but I hope to have some fun in the process. Putting aside my current number one project scares me a little bit, but maybe I can juggle both writing projects at once. With 1,700 words needed every day, I kind of doubt it. I'm lazy.
Wow, it's only 15 minutes to go now and I'm very excited. I'm in a spooky shirt (no really, it's one of those old lady shirts that has sequins and shiny things and it literally spells out SPOOKY) and pumpkin slippers. I have bat earrings on and I'm getting ready to read a Sookie book to ring in All Hallows Eve.
Happy 14 minutes until Halloween lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment