Thursday, June 3, 2010

Queen Mary Visit

A couple of weeks ago, on a whim, one of my best friend's and I decided to hit up the Queen Mary. Although we didn't catch any ghosts (such is my luck), we had a wonderful time.
My friend made a fantabulous awesome video, but since I am technologically deficient, I have to figure out how to post it here. In the mean time here are a couple of shots from our trip. First up a painting from the Art Gallery:


Next up is the control room. On our tour we got to see the pool where the first and third class got to swim. The first class was so uptight, that after the third class swam, the pool was emptied and fresh water was put into the pool for them. The pool control that let out and refilled the water was in this room.

Finally a sneak peak of my friend and I. You'll be seeing a lot more of us in the video, but here's a shot of the floor in what's now a banquet hall/library, but during the Queen Mary's voyage days was a lounge for the second class. I've no idea why I always like to take pictures like this. I'm not particularly fond of feet, but there's something about taking a picture of the floor... Anyone else like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment