Friday, January 1, 2010

Cakes

Happy New Year Lovelies! I realized I have been the absolute worst blogger ever in 2009, so I promised myself I would write more this year. More in my book, more in my blog, more on twitter... I love words. I want to write them down. In addition to writing and the other random stuff I do, I enjoy making birthday cakes for those closest to me. I'm not great at it, but I enjoy doing it, when not getting angry or screaming at the frosting to just not do what I want.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some pictures of cakes I made, or had made for me. First up is the Twilight Saga cake I made for my mom's birthday in October of 2009. The Twilight journals had only been out a few days, so she was really surprised. I actually placed the cake platter on top of the books, all 4 plus my Eclipse Special Edition since I needed a bigger surface to work with.


Here's another shot:



This is the cake I made for my best friend Jess's birthday which was on Christmas:

Not the greatest lettering at the bottom, but overall I was happy with it. The Spaceship, I think it's the Enterprise lol, lit up, so I thought I got bonus points for that. I mean come on, it lit up! I did the different colored cupcakes based on the shirts they wear, thanks to a suggestion from our friend Cassie.

Last year I made Jess a Repo the Genetic Opera cake. While it did not light up, I think it was appreciated. If you have not seen Repo! go see it now. Seriously. Find a friend, netflix it, phone home, I don't care how you see it, just see it.

Finally, my birthday cake from November 2009, made by the one who started me on cakes so many years ago, my mom. She did a beautiful job.

Closeup with a bit more detail with come soon. Her cakes are ridiculously detailed. I hope I can make a cake half as good as hers one day.

Mmm, I am craving, you guessed it, cake now. Perhaps I shall go dig around for some leftover cake from my dad's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment